With the High Holiday upon us, we would like to remind donors about our non-perishable foods donation guidelines. All food should be newly purchased. Please avoid oversized containers and packaging. All items should be checked to verify they are not past their use by/best buy or expiration date. Please avoid all glass containers which can break in transport or during processing. Here are the most requested foods:
- Boxed or small tub oatmeal, Steel cut oatmeal, farina, cream of wheat or cream of rice.
- Cereal – all types
- Canned Fruits or fruit cups (especially those in water or light syrup/no sugar added) such as applesauce, mandarin oranges, pineapple (all types), pears, peaches, fruit cups.
- Boxed Pasta (angel hair, fettuccini, elbows, shells, bowties, rigatoni, orzo, pastina, ditalini, penne, ziti, bagged egg noodles, linguine)
- Granola, fruit or protein bars
- Kid juice boxes
- Soups and broths (cans and boxed)
Also, for health reasons we cannot accept any open/partial containers or boxes, repackaged items; or homemade items – this includes items without a label. If you have any questions, please contact Sandy Hagan at email@example.com or 203-397-0796.