Jewish Family Service of Greater New Haven is seeking qualified applicants for the following positions (as of July 30, 2018).
Volunteers have varied backgrounds with a broad range of experiences and educational expertise. They generously donate their time, energy and spirit to help the people we serve. In many cases, our volunteers are a connection to, and an extension of, the many services provided by Jewish Family Service of Greater New Haven.
Volunteers not only help enrich the lives of others, but also learn and gain from their experiences.
Volunteering takes on many forms. Whether you have an hour a day, a few hours a week, are looking to fulfill community service hours, or you would just like to be involved in special projects, we may have an assignment for you!
Share your academic skills and knowledge…
- Tutor – Become a volunteer tutor to a child in a foster home for 1-2 hours per week. Teach a child who is having difficulties in basic math and reading, among other subjects.
- Child Care – Help supervise a children’s activity group at JFSGNH on the third Wednesday of each month. Children range in age from 3-13.
Share your energy…
- Friendly Visitor – Become a friendly visitor and/or provide telephone reassurance to a homebound elderly person for 1-2 hrs. per week.
Share your commitment…
- Administrative Tasks – Help with administrative duties in our main office.
- On-Call Volunteer – Help JFSGNH on an “as needed basis” with special mailings and projects.
Community or civic service is now required for many students and those looking for Mitzvah Projects for an upcoming Bar or Bat Mitzvah. If you need to perform volunteer hours or a project for graduation or credits, please contact Mara Ginsberg, at firstname.lastname@example.org or (203) 389-5599, ext. 119. For a printable version of our volunteer application, please click here: Volunteer Application. There are several ongoing JFSGNH projects you can participate in during the course of a year or we can help tailor an activity for your needs and required hours.