With the recent tragedies in Parkland, Florida and Newtown, CT, we remind our community that help is available. You are not alone! Please refer to the links below:
- For a life-threatening situation, dial 911 immediately.
- For a crisis or in case someone is experiencing difficult or suicidal thoughts dial 211in CT. Outside of CT, call the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline at
1-800-273 TALK (8255).
- If someone is uncomfortable talking on the phone, she/he can also use the crisis text line by texting 741741 or use the Lifeline Chat online at: www.suicidepreventionlifeline.org/chat
- CT Suicide Advisory Board – Information, resources, and data for behavioral health providers, health systems, schools, first responders and survivors
- Achieve Solutions – Suicide Prevention articles and assessments (Beacon)
- Know the Warning Signs and Risk of Suicide (NAMI)
- Preventing Suicide as a Family Member or Caregiver (NAMI)
JFS Licensed Mental Health Clinicians are available for non-crisis counseling. Please call Shelly Bheer, LCSW, Mental Health Clinical Director at 203.389.5599 ext. 114 or email at email@example.com.